[CT Birds] Cackling Goose(?) at A.W. Stanley

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:12:04 EST 2015

I was able to relocate what I now think is a small Canada Goose at A.W.
this morning. I didn't have binoculars yesterday so I couldn't see head
detail. This morning I had binoculars and a camera but didn't need them so
much because when I found the goose it had gotten caught close to shore in
some monofilament. In freeing the bird I got some close looks and the head
looked didn't look particularly square or round and the bill didn't look
particularly stubby in proportion to the head. I got a couple photos as it
was swimming away that I'll post tonight. As I walked around the edge of
the pond the goose disappeared. Not sure if it flew to the other end of the
pond or away from the pond.