[CT Birds] Cackling Goose(?) at A.W. Stanley

Kevin Finnan kfinnan at aol.com
Tue Dec 8 22:38:29 EST 2015

Don, this reminds me of an individual, which I should have documented, but it bred for three years at nearby Woodridge Lake. It was about 2/3 the size of the local Canadas but everything, bill, etc., was proportionally smaller and there no other characteristics that would indicate a Cackler. Like you mention, the bill was not stubby. It would be interesting to see a front view but this is likely one if those mysterious, small individuals that others, including Nick Bonomo, Greg Hanisek and David Sibley have written about.

Kevin Finnan
Goshen

Sent from my iPhone