[CT Birds] Rentschler Field

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Tue Dec 15 16:04:28 EST 2015

Vibert Road is in South Windsor. All of that land is farmed.  If Joe is talking about the gun range just south of the Hartford land fill, there are no fields on that property.  If he is talking about the land to the north of the land fill, that is also actively farmed. While Upland Sandpipers may certainly pass through in migration, there are no nesting sites in either Hartford or South Windsor at this time.  Rentschler Field and Bradley International Airport remain the only known breeding area for this species.  It would appear that Rentschler has been lost.

Jay Kaplan, Compiler
Hartford Summer Bird Count