[CT Birds] Protected areas for migratory birds

jacmd1 at sbcglobal.net jacmd1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 17 12:17:24 EST 2015

	The article "Protected areas and global conservation of migratory birds", by an international group of authors is in Science, Vol 359, pp.1255-1258, Dec 4, 2015, and it emphasizes how important observations like Mark Szantyr's are.  Problems of bird habitat are a world wide issue, and the US and Canada are behind much of the world in providing protection to these sites.

	I heartily recommend this article, which should be available in most local and all educational libraries throughout CT.  I must caution you that the article is no literary masterpiece, but I found only one totally ambiguous sentence.

	John A Calogero