[CT Birds] A short story of devastation(long)

Paul Desjardins paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 10:14:22 EST 2015

Mark, I second what Keith said. I remember back in the mid 60s there were plans to build I 291 right through the West Hartford reservoir just to save a few minutes driving time! There was such a public outrage that the project never took place. Another example around the same time was a proposed dam that would have flooded the grand canyon! Insane! But again voices were raised in protect and this boondoggle never happened. We all have to remain vigilant to threats to the environment which can pop up anytime anywhere. And give our financial support to groups that are fighting against the special interests to save what we have left.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks