[CT Birds] January Bird Walks at the Quinebaug Fish Hatchery

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sat Dec 19 09:21:54 EST 2015

Posted with permission from the moderator (this information can also be found on the C.O.A. website calendar)

Winter Bird Walks at the Quinebaug Fish Hatchery - Every Sunday in January

Meet in the Pasture Pond parking area at 8:30 am (restrooms are located inside the building in the main parking lot).  We will walk the grounds searching for wintering species such as, Winter Wren, Hermit Thrush, Eastern Phoebe, Rusty Blackbird, Wilson's snipe, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Swamp Sparrow. Gray Catbird, Brown Creeper and Bald Eagle along with several species of ducks that are attracted to the ponds and streams that remain open through out the winter. Walks usually last approximately 3 hours. Dress Warm!

Directions: Take exit 32 (old exit 89) off I-395, follow RT 14 West to Central Village and follow signs to Quinebaug Fish Hatchery on Trout Hatchery Rd.

Contact :Robert Dixon, dbobolink at aol.com or call or text (860) 933-9545.