[CT Birds] Greenwich/Stamford CBC Preliminary Results

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 13:05:59 EST 2015

Posting this on behalf of Matt Fry and Gary Palmer:

On Sunday 12/20 the Greenwich/Stamford CBC tallied 101 species. It seemed
to be relatively slow and a lower count total compared to seasons past but
some exiting finds nonetheless. The highlights included the TOWNSEND'S
SOLITAIRE which continued to grace us with its presence (thank you
Stefan!), 2 CACKLING GEESE, BALTIMORE ORIOLE, GREATER YELLOWLEGS, GREAT
EGRET, LAUGHING GULL, RED-NECKED GREBE and a skein of 220 SNOW GEESE. Other
firsts included blooming forsythia, 2 River Otters, a Mink and a
Grasshopper! All in all, a monster effort from all our captains and
participants, Thank you!

Just wanted to quickly add that several likely Tree Swallows were also
observed in Armonk. Count period birds include Orange-Crowned Warbler,
Northern Saw-Whet Owl and thanks to Patrick Dugan we can add Razorbill
today.