[CT Birds] Greenwich Red-necked Grebes

sean at seanmurthaart.com sean at seanmurthaart.com
Tue Dec 22 14:10:01 EST 2015

A drizzly lunchtime outing to Greenwich Point yielded two Red-necked Grebes, not far off shore near the Innis Arden Cottage.  I noticed the first one while looking through a large mixed flock on the water, comprised of mostly Red-breasted Mergansers with Horned Grebes and Scaup.  Later I saw two Red-necks in the same area, but none among the Merganser flock, so I'm counting the total as two.  Also in sight was one Laughing Gull on the rocks of the point, a few Great Cormorants and a good number of Common Loons.

-Sean Murtha

www.seanmurthaart.com