[CT Birds] Stratford BT Grackles

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 25 07:44:59 EST 2015

A huge surprise!!
Stratford-end of Long Beach Boulevard looking towards the red and white smokestack- 16 Boat-tailed Grackles,heard calling first and couldn't believe my ears, but picked up my bins and got my scope in the direction of the sound- there were the grackles on top of one of the silver oil tanks feeding with the pigeons. I watched them for about four minutes before they all flew northwest. Then I heard two from across the way at Pleasure Beach calling and sitting atop a tree. I assume they gave a new roosting location in Bridgeport somewhere since no one has seen them in quite some time.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone