[CT Birds] Possible Pink-footed Goose Broad Brook

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Sat Dec 26 16:27:05 EST 2015

12/26 3:30 PM Broad Brook Mill Pond,

In with several hundred Canada geese: 1 Snow goose, and 1 goose I first thought Greater White-fronted but on closer inspection think more likely Pink- footed, brownish head with just hint of white above bill, dark bill short and pinkish toward tip but then black tip. Could not see legs in water, but the GWFG I saw here last week showed orange legs while swimming. Just did not seem right for GWFG, especially bill and face, and more closely resembles the Pink-footed in the field guides. Hopefully someone else can relocate?
Jan