[CT Birds] "Oregon" Junco - Correction

DOUGLAS WARNER dgwarner at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 23 11:40:31 EST 2015

I had reported seeing an "Oregon" Junco on 12/12/15 at Haddam State Park.  The bird had looked so different to me from other Slate-colored Juncos that I had thought it was an Oregon.  After much deliberation and discussions with experts, the bird was easily ID'd as a brown female Slate-colored Junco.  I think I can now tell the difference and I appreciate all the help and guidance that was so freely given.  Sorry for the error and I will keep looking for an Oregon Junco.  One day I might actually find one.
Doug WarnerWindham