[CT Birds] Pink Footed Goose

jacmd1 at sbcglobal.net jacmd1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 24 16:49:53 EST 2015

Said goose is still resident at Fisher Meadows as of 2:40 PM today.  I watched it for about 40 minutes.  At first, it was lying on the glacial till that is the shore of the pond, near the more northerly island.  It got up and tried to enter the water, but was pecked, hissed at and chased by the Canada geese in and at the water's edge.  It stood still for a bit, tried to get into the water again, with the same result.  Finally it took a step into the water, was attacked again, came ashore, ran about ten feet north and gained the water, and swam off.  Once it reached open water there were no further attacks visible.  I got some good record shots of the pink footed celebrity, but failed to get any of the attacks, which began and ended very quickly.

John Calogero