[CT Birds] Sherwood Island Highlights

Preston Lust prestonlust at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 26 12:39:58 EST 2015

12/26/15, 10:05 AM–12:20 PM -- Sherwood Island, Westport

Great day at Sherwood. I started by the bridge near the train tracks where there were 2 GREATER YELLOWLEGS moving about and vocalizing in the Millpond, as well as large quantities of black ducks. The ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER continued in the cork tree, and there was also a ruby-crowned kinglet in the grove. Alas, I could not find the dickcissel in the pavilion parking lot, nor at the feeders by the nature center. Sea watching yielded some good finds, including 3 NORTHERN GANNETS, 1 SURF SCOTER, and several other ducks. It was overall a pretty good day at 47 species. My regret was not having thoroughly checked the thickets for warblers and sparrows.

Preston Lust, Westport