[CT Birds] No gyrfalcon in Wallkill today.

Brian K briankulvete at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:38:23 EST 2015

My wife and I spent the day searching for the gyrfalcon in Wallkill,
NY with no luck, in case anyone was waiting for it to show back up in the
reports.
There weren't too many people looking (from what we noticed) and the area
to cover is enormous, so even if it's still in the area it's going to take
some serious luck to cross paths with it. Not to mention there were little
or no ducks around (which I have been told are its favorite food).

We saw a single short eared owl well after 4pm at Shawangunk. It was cold
and very windy and the field paths were wet and muddy.  If anyone goes
chasing, make sure you are dressed for cold weather and in proper footwear.
My wife froze her toes up pretty good.

Brian Kulvete
Bloomfield, CT