[CT Birds] The "Stonington Corridor": a humorous birding fantasy

Thomas Robben robben99 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 15:11:01 EST 2016

I forgot to indicate Keith Mueller's actual trip report, which is here at
eBird Checklist – East End Coxes Ledge, Rhode Island – Wed Dec 30, 2015 –
21 species (+1 other taxa)

These seabirds were so good on 12/30 off Block Island that some of us today
were joking that theoretically they could be seen with a SUPER-telescope
(on a very tall tripod) from CT beaches (between Stonington and Mason's
Island),  Connecticut beaches which have a clear unobstructed view out to
the ocean, looking between Fishers Island and Napatree Point!  AND since we
would be watching from LIS (Long Island Sound), we could claim all these
seabirds to be LIS birds, and CT birds!  We had a good laugh, and I thought
you might also...    Have a good weekend!