[CT Birds] Snowy Owl Stratford Point location change

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Mon Jan 4 12:23:21 EST 2016

The Snowy Owl flushed from the trail and the rocks by the tip of the
bluff and is now on the rocks in the intertidal zone in front of the
lighthouse. It's an active and wary bird, but definitely likes it here,
as many Snowys do - that's at least four different times it has popped
up and landed again. That part of the site is a common area for them to
stay. I actually saw a couple voles this morning running around the
suddenly frozen ground here, so I am sure it likes what it sees, too.
The Northern Harrier (gray ghost) that went by hunting earlier did not
interact with the Snowy, but for a moment as it passed overhead I
thought it was going to be something...

Scott

--
Scott Kruitbosch