[CT Birds] Easton Ducks

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 5 18:06:21 EST 2016

A good portion of the Aspetuck Reservoir was iced over leaving only a small area of open water when I checked near the fountain
at 7:40am today.I did see the two female Redheads briefly before they flew off with most of the American Wigeon and 18 Wood Ducks which were below the dam. I had two Common Goldeneye (hens) which I think is the first time I have had this species at this location. No sign of the Pied-bill Grebes reported yesterday.Many of these ducks have and will move towards the coast and open water.Be aware that the ducks at this location spook easily if you get too close. Even though I tried to "peek" at the water below the dam, the Wood Ducks sensed I was looking at them and took off within ten seconds,just barely enough time to count them.

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone