[CT Birds] Rough-legged Hawk

Emmayct at cs.com Emmayct at cs.com
Sat Jan 9 20:48:32 EST 2016

And what a beauty that RL Hawk was! He/She held it's own against 2 Crows
that were not too happy with it's presence.
Also 3 Harriers, two were flying together and interacting in flight.

It was a great day along the CT River in spite of the number of duck
hunters. Several brought in their boats around 11 and just after that, ducks snuck
into the marshes behind them.  As they were hauling their boats, they
looked back to see a few flying in.  Found it interesting to watch since I never
really took note of hunters before.

Lots of fish (bunker) still in the river. I checked Black Hall River OL on
my way home and there were schools so close to shore that you could see them
under water and also see their fins breaking the surface like little
sharks.  So many fish!