[CT Birds] Norwalk Scaups, Redheads, Eurasian Wigeon and more..

Ian Devlin captain_ian at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 10:17:30 EST 2016

9:50am By Marvin Beach on River Road in East Norwalk, I saw 3 Redheads mixed in the flock of maybe 60 Scaups (Greater?). Fairly sleepy, but a couple were diving for breakfast. A few Red-breasted Mergansers were present too further away.

Over by Mill Pond across from Overton's Hot Dog stand, in the back of the salt pond, the Eurasian Wigeon was with his buddy American Wigeons. Scattered Hooded Mergansers, Mallards and a couple Mute Swans too. In the cove across the street, I saw three Oldsquaw diving.

Now I have to go to work..

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk, CT.

Sent from my iPhone