[CT Birds] Meeting in Bloomfield to Oppose Niagara Water Bottling plant

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 11 13:47:11 EST 2016

The Bloomfield Town Council meets tonight at 7:30 in our Town Hall. Many of us who are environmentally concerned will be speaking against this project. Niagara plans to use 1.8 million gallons of water per day from the MDC West Hartford reservoirs. They will be producing millions of plastic bottles of water if given the go-ahead with this plant. And by the way, Niagara will be paying less for this water than the MDC customers who get their water from the reservoirs.

I will be speaking briefly at the meeting, addressing the impacts of plastics on birds. According to National Geographic research, 90% of the world's seabirds contain plastic trash within their bodies. Seabird populations are drastically declining, and plastics are one of the reasons why. I am sure you are aware of birds that feed plastics to their young.

Anyone may attend the meeting as a spectator or to speak if you wish. The more the merrier.

Zellene