[CT Birds] looking to photograph ducks

Wilson, Francis frank.wilson at yale.edu
Wed Jan 13 12:33:37 EST 2016

The last couple of weeks I’ve seen a number of groups of Hooded M+F and often a few Red-Breasted Mergs joining in on incoming tides (only) at Morris Creek (New Haven-East Haven town line), from either Meadow View Road or off of Cart Road (walk over to the tide gates there). Haven’t seen any Common though. The Hoodies have been quite actively displaying.

Frank Wilson

Hi Folks,
I am interested in photographing winter ducks but proximity is key.  I especially would like to photograph  common or hooded mergansers. Would anyone recommend some area whereby I could be ?close? to them?  Thanks very much.
Ann Pacheco