[CT Birds] Goshen Purple Finches plus

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 13 13:10:38 EST 2016

Because of the snow cover, I decided to try and look for finches in the northwest corner and was not disappointed. I had 7 Purple Finches at and near the feeders at 281 Hageman Shean Rd(3 males,4 females).The finches like sitting in the evergreen to the left of the feeders.

I also had 1 female Rusty Blackbird feeding on the ground in the parking area at Bantam Lake/Folly Point  in Litchfield allowing for excellent viewing.

The 5 Northern Pintails continue on Lake Garda in Burlington near 148 Monce Road(2 drakes,3 hens).

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone