[CT Birds] 5 Norwalk Redheads

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Wed Jan 13 16:45:00 EST 2016

3:00-3:30 PM
Same area (Marvin Beach) as yesterday afternoon, but today I watched from the end of Cove Rd, East Norwalk, not River Dr. which is a stones throw away.
100+ Scaup were scattered into three groups, one of the scaup groups had 2 redheads and another had 3 redheads, the third group was near Shore and Country Club, too far for me to see.
This area is mud flats at low tide, so check the tide first if you go, otherwise perhaps Calf Pasture Beach where Frank found them this morning near low tide.
They all appear to be feeding on sea lettuce.

Larry Flynn
Norwalk