[CT Birds] Ross's goose

Lea Kessler lkshaw1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:42:34 EST 2016


Currently at 61 frog hollow. 

Lea Kessler Shaw

> On Jan 17, 2016, at 12:04 PM, ctbirds-request at lists.ctbirding.org wrote:
> 
> Send CTBirds mailing list submissions to
>    ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
> 
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>    http://lists.ctbirding.org/mailman/listinfo/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org
> 
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>    ctbirds-request at lists.ctbirding.org
> 
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>    ctbirds-owner at lists.ctbirding.org
> 
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of CTBirds digest..."
> 
> 
> ***  When REPLYING to this message PLEASE TRIM OFF THE UNRELATED PORTIONS  ***
> 
> Today's Topics:
> 
>   1. Lake Waramug Ducks (Kevin Doyle)
>   2. Merwin pt. Milford (Ed3max at aol.com)
>   3. Res. 6 (RAYMOND BELDING)
>   4. ROSS'S GOOSE Continues (Jason Rieger)
>   5. Re: ROSS'S GOOSE Continues (Russ Smiley)
>   6. Re: ROSS'S GOOSE Continues (Russ Smiley)
>   7. Ross's flew off (Peter DeGennaro)
>   8. Norwalk Scaups, Redheads, Eurasian Wigeon and more.. (Ian Devlin)
>   9. Ross's Goose (Trudy Rottino)
>  10. Ross's Goose (Trudy Rottino)
>  11. Ross and Pink-footed goose yes at 61 Frog hollow    Ellington
>      (Darlene)
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 20:54:01 -0500
> From: Kevin Doyle <kevindoyle01 at charter.net>
> To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
> Subject: [CT Birds] Lake Waramug Ducks
> Message-ID: <ccc91675-6c80-407b-98fb-4c37968bd229 at typeapp.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> 
> Recently someone posted ducks on the lake. I know where the lake is, its rather large can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanx. FYI Milford eagles moving right along ... Hudson River not sure ... no cold. 
> Kevindoyle01 at charter.net
> 
> Sent from TypeApp
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 21:05:48 -0500
> From: Ed3max at aol.com
> To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
> Subject: [CT Birds] Merwin pt. Milford
> Message-ID: <931104.7da430f7.43cc50fc at aol.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
> 
> 2 Purple Sandpipers
> 4 Horned Grebe
> 5 Great Cormorant
> 6 Common Loon
> 1 Red-throated Loon
> 8 Red -breasted Merganser
> 2 Common Goldeneye
> 6 Brant  50+ flyover
> 2 Black Duck
> 2 White-winged  Scoter                     w/Jim Cortina
>    Ed Haesche Guilford
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 21:48:36 -0500 (EST)
> From: RAYMOND BELDING <hoatzin1 at optonline.net>
> To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
> Subject: [CT Birds] Res. 6
> Message-ID: <1e1fdd28.78c87.1524d7bf926.Webtop.48 at optonline.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed; delsp=no
> 
> Bloomfield - Res. 6?
> Snow Goose, 1, with several hundred
> Canadas at the far end.?
> Ray Belding w/ Deb Bishop
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 07:00:22 -0500
> From: Jason Rieger <mareforte at comcast.net>
> To: CT Bird Posts <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
> Subject: [CT Birds] ROSS'S GOOSE Continues
> Message-ID: <948EC5B9-2E94-4DFA-9CBD-F05C00FE49CF at comcast.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset=us-ascii
> 
> Bird relatively close to shore at Millpond, Broad Brook now.
> 
> Jason Rieger
> Wallingford
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 09:00:39 -0500
> From: Russ Smiley <rsbirder at gmail.com>
> To: Jason Rieger <mareforte at comcast.net>
> Cc: Ct Birding List <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
> Subject: Re: [CT Birds] ROSS'S GOOSE Continues
> Message-ID:
>    <CAL3-TADcVorM1HKbEL3YNmpsDuw0ZC44yDL-fbnK9SK40hTvzw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> 
> Ross' goose departed at 8:50 heading southeast alone.
> Russ Smiley
> Marlborough, CT
> On Jan 17, 2016 7:02 AM, "Jason Rieger via CTBirds" <
> ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:
> 
>> Bird relatively close to shore at Millpond, Broad Brook now.
>> 
>> Jason Rieger
>> Wallingford
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> This list is provided by the Connecticut Ornithological Association (COA)
>> for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut.
>> For subscription information visit
>> http://lists.ctbirding.org/mailman/listinfo/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 6
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 09:01:47 -0500
> From: Russ Smiley <rsbirder at gmail.com>
> To: Jason Rieger <mareforte at comcast.net>
> Cc: Ct Birding List <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
> Subject: Re: [CT Birds] ROSS'S GOOSE Continues
> Message-ID:
>    <CAL3-TACBmG=k-MrE2LSd3pYv-6+hg8JQUgGcU6nAw43Mn_8CGw at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> 
> 9:00 and Ross' goose is back!
>> On Jan 17, 2016 9:00 AM, "Russ Smiley" <rsbirder at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Ross' goose departed at 8:50 heading southeast alone.
>> Russ Smiley
>> Marlborough, CT
>> On Jan 17, 2016 7:02 AM, "Jason Rieger via CTBirds" <
>> ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:
>> 
>>> Bird relatively close to shore at Millpond, Broad Brook now.
>>> 
>>> Jason Rieger
>>> Wallingford
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPhone
>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> This list is provided by the Connecticut Ornithological Association (COA)
>>> for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut.
>>> For subscription information visit
>>> http://lists.ctbirding.org/mailman/listinfo/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 09:01:58 -0500
> From: Peter DeGennaro <degennap at gmail.com>
> To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
> Subject: [CT Birds] Ross's flew off
> Message-ID:
>    <CAENXc_0_ByONt_925de9bz8=Utf5KXuoLNY4VxE68xoHqj3H8w at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> 
> Ross's Goose flew off from Broad Brook on its own to the east. Will try to
> relocate.
> 
> Peter DeGennaro
> Naugatuck
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 10:17:30 -0500
> From: Ian Devlin <captain_ian at yahoo.com>
> To: CT Birds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
> Subject: [CT Birds] Norwalk Scaups, Redheads, Eurasian Wigeon and
>    more..
> Message-ID: <55EE7952-B5CE-4915-8A87-B995631D1B24 at yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset=us-ascii
> 
> 9:50am By Marvin Beach on River Road in East Norwalk, I saw 3 Redheads mixed in the flock of maybe 60 Scaups (Greater?). Fairly sleepy, but a couple were diving for breakfast. A few Red-breasted Mergansers were present too further away.
> 
> Over by Mill Pond across from Overton's Hot Dog stand, in the back of the salt pond, the Eurasian Wigeon was with his buddy American Wigeons. Scattered Hooded Mergansers, Mallards and a couple Mute Swans too. In the cove across the street, I saw three Oldsquaw diving.
> 
> Now I have to go to work..
> 
> Capt. Ian Devlin
> East Norwalk, CT.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 9
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 10:27:32 -0500
> From: Trudy Rottino <tbr67 at hotmail.com>
> To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
> Subject: [CT Birds] Ross's Goose
> Message-ID: <BLU436-SMTP183EC8DC80C7032AF8D0DCAAACF0 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> 
> Ross's Goose currently in cornfield at Frog Hollow Rd location, Ellington.  10:25 AM.  Spotted by Emily Rottino.  Trudy, Emily and Danny Rottino East Haddam, CT
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 10
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 10:27:32 -0500
> From: Trudy Rottino <tbr67 at hotmail.com>
> To: ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org
> Subject: [CT Birds] Ross's Goose
> Message-ID: <BLU436-SMTP87F165F792599A7A976FF5AACF0 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> 
> 
> Ross's Goose currently in cornfield at Frog Hollow Rd location, Ellington.  10:25 AM.  Spotted by Emily Rottino.  Trudy, Emily and Danny Rottino East Haddam, CT
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Message: 11
> Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 11:43:10 -0500
> From: Darlene <djmoore67 at gmail.com>
> To: Connecticut Bird Listserv <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org>
> Subject: [CT Birds] Ross and Pink-footed goose yes at 61 Frog hollow
>    Ellington
> Message-ID: <FA118F24-6498-471F-8FD6-EB46F00D15DA at gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset=us-ascii
> 
> Photos obtained. Still here as of 1142
> Greater white fronted and Cackling at Broad Bill pond 
> 
> Best
> Darlene
> Darlene J Moore MN, RN, NNP-BC
> Farmington, CT
> djmoore67 at gmail.com
> Cell 404-274-7390
> 
> Please excuse any errors, autocorrect is not always helpful
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> Subject: Digest Footer
> 
> _______________________________________________
> This list is provided by the Connecticut Ornithological Association (COA) for the discussion of birds and birding in Connecticut.
> For subscription information visit http://lists.ctbirding.org/mailman/listinfo/ctbirds_lists.ctbirding.org
> 
> ------------------------------
> 
> End of CTBirds Digest, Vol 3247, Issue 1
> ****************************************



More information about the CTBirds mailing list