[CT Birds] Broad Brook Pond, Goose

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 20 11:16:53 EST 2016

Tom,At Broad Brook Pond, and at Frog Hollow Rd (Ellington) cornfield where the geese feed, there have been 1 Pink-footed, up to 4 Greater White-fronted, 1 Ross's, 1 Cackling, and 6000+ Canadas.From your description ("white patch around the orange bill"), it sounds like you saw a Greater White-fronted.
Here is a link to my photos of many of these geese:
www.flickr.com/photos/avocetfm/
Frank Mantlik