[CT Birds] Eastern towhee, Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 24 17:10:50 EST 2016

Just had a bird surprise here on South St in Washington, CT (4:55 PM. Sunday. Jan 24, 2016). Doing Feeder Watch here this weekend. Birds suddenly disappeared here before 4:40 PM so I was watching my bird feeder and the bushes by the house where I also drop black oiled sunflower seeds. Suddenly a bird came up from the bushes landing on one of posts we put up for fencing to protect the bushes from the deer. A nice male Eastern Towhee. Now if I was still a Lister this would be my earliest Eastern Towhee for a year ever.
David W BabingtonWashington, CT