[CT Birds] Probable Cave Swallow in Guilford.

Griffin Richards griffingrichards at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 15:46:39 EST 2016

I’m a resident on Ridgewood ave right before the boat launch, and I’ve been parking there / walking up and down that road while birding without any sort of boat or trailer and seen many others do so with no trouble before. I looked online and couldn’t find anything about not being able to park there without the intention of using it as a boat launch.

I did find a boating guide from the CT DEEP that lists the few activities that are allowed at these public boat launches, and among them is observing wildlife. It does say regulations may vary by site, but again I couldn’t find anything saying that the Guilford boat launch is restricted to boaters.

Hoping someone of authority can clarify this. It’s really a great spot, especially in the summer for Saltmarsh and Seaside Sparrows. If for some reason there’s an exception to this regulation for nearby residents, you can tell the ENCON you’re my "guest."

Griffin