[CT Birds] Buntings and Pipits plus

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 21 17:52:39 EST 2016

>From Town farm Rd in Litchfield CT at the top of the hill counted 5 Snow Bunting in with 20 plus Pipit. They were very far in from the rd. Several Crows spooked them up.
Has been for me up here, one of the worst winters ever for winter finches etc. Their are so many food sources for them to feed from, like Winterberry, Crab Apple, and so many other lush and loaded berry bushes. And in places the cone crop is fair as well.  Have been seeing numerous Robin around though.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton