[CT Birds] Stratford Point Access

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jan 22 11:29:08 EST 2016

Stratford Point is generally open to the public M-F 9-5. We are occasionally open on weekends, but can not leave the gates open when staff are not here to keep an eye on things (people drive on trails, climb on the rocks, run dogs off-leash, litter...). The site is private property, owned by Sporting Goods Inc., a subsidiary of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
Audubon Connecticut manages the site for the landowner with assistance from the Roger Tory Peterson Institute of Natural History (RTPI). At this time we manage the property with existing staff who have a variety of responsibilities outside of the management of the site and generally do not have the capacity to keep the property open every weekend.   For example, Scott may be here off and on this weekend checking on the storm.   Access this weekend would be a matter of catch as catch can.
The primary intent of the property is to provide habitat for birds and other wildlife, with limited public access for wildlife viewing/photography and some other passive uses. We will strive to let you know when it may be open on weekends or if it happens to be closed during the week.
We do have need for volunteers and can make special provisions for access for our active volunteers. Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a volunteer.
Thank you for your understanding and please enjoy your visit.
Patrick
Phone: (203)405-9115
Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!