[CT Birds] No Snowy Owl sightings Stratford

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Fri Jan 22 13:04:20 EST 2016

I know many, many people are still looking to see the Snowy Owl, or spot
it once again, but apart from Tom's sighting of it over in Milford from
Stratford Point, the bird has not been on the site in the last week. We
will let you know if we do see it.

Here are a few additional photos of the Snowy Owl from last Friday:

It will be an interesting weekend weather-wise to say the least. We'll
have very strong winds and a lot of water pushed into Long Island Sound
even if dry air and the tight gradient limit snowfall. One has to think
more alcids will be on the way into LIS considering our sighting
yesterday and the east flow...

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street