julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Fri Jan 22 15:09:08 EST 2016

I have been down there when the Rough-legged was there and never had anyone hassle me. On the odd times I have been in the area, I wasn't aware of the issue, plus I am English, and historically we kinda have been used to going wherever we want. :)

I have found in most instances being really nice and charming to the person involved often results in a positive outcome in such situations when nothing or nobody can be harmed.

If the person of authority happens to be, how shall I say, less than accommodating and enforces a law, however "silly", then you have to put it down to that person being a <insert word> and it will be out of your control. Threatening a nice guy like Keith with arrest seems an unnecessary show of power.

I guess the way to change access is to petition the appropriate bodies and ask them to change the ordinance.

In the meantime, we only really need to be concerned about going there when Keith finds a good bird anyway. So, lets keep letting Keith go down there, doing the scouting for us and potentially taking one for the team. :)

(Lest it not be noted, heavy sarcasm has been applied above). Julian Hough New Haven, CT 06519