[CT Birds] Sterling yard

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sat Jan 23 13:22:19 EST 2016

>From Robert Dixon
1/23/16 - Sterling yard - 23 species totaling 325 individual birds. Lot's of activity at the feeders today with snow starting to accumulate ( Winter Storm Warning issued mid-morning for the northeast corner so we've officially joined the party! ). Highlights - female YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER and PINE SISKINS (9) continue (42 consecutive days for the siskins) also SHARP-SHINNED HAWK, COMMON GRACKLE (4), BROWN-HEADED COWBIRD (4), RED-WINGED BLACKBIRD (2). Some high counts - Dark-eyed Junco (64), White-throated Sparrow (33), American Goldfinch (31), Mourning Dove (38), House Finch (17) and Northern Cardinal (21). I expect these numbers may go up!