[CT Birds] Boat-tailed Grackles

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 18:13:00 EST 2016

The 28 Boat-tailed Grackles arrived at 4:45 p.m. in a tree along Rt 113 near Access Road in Stratford. We were viewing from Access Road facing toward Sikorsky Airport and the Great Meadows salt marsh. Surprisingly given previous reports, they arrived from behind us, over our right shoulders. They stayed in the tree for about 2 minutes then flew off S over the marsh, landing in a tree in the treeline that crosses the marsh toward Long Beach. We lost them after that.
We spent 4 to 4:30 at the airport entrance. No luck there with the meadowlarks.
Greg HanisekWaterbury