[CT Birds] Response from Deputy Commissioner Whalen on Boat Launch Issue

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 20:50:53 EST 2016

I don't think it's worth giving up, Mark. At least I wish you
wouldn't. I actually see this communication regarding the No Parking
signs as a positive development thus far. We have established
communication with the proper authorities and there is at least a
discussion happening now. That is a form of action, and that is thanks
to people like you and Keith who note these things and raise your
voices. Without people like you guys, this stuff would not be brought
up. I admire your collective willingness to stand up to this stuff.
Over the past 1-2 years, the commentary led by you and a handful of
others (thank you all!) has at least led to a discussion, which is the
first step to change. I'm as guilty as anyone of being too quiet on
this. We need some voices to keep the pressure on. Will it end up
making a difference? Perhaps not, but hopefully it will.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com