[CT Birds] Re; Boat launch

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Jan 29 13:09:50 EST 2016

Thanks to Kathy and Mary for their dedication and dogged  determination on
our behalf. It does sound like there may actually be a little  movement in
the DEEP if it's not just lip service.  I do think that if  there is an
"onsite meeting at the
boat launch"  That perhaps one of them or someone they designate should be
invited to join the  meeting.
I must say that the sign in the parking lot seemed very clear  to me that
it referred to the entire area, and if it really meant just one space  then I
think it's more than just misleading or misplaced. I haven't been there
since last year when, after a couple of visits, people, including a friend of
mine who went there at my suggestion, began to get rousted by the cop.
As someone else suggested, I had suspicions from the start that  it was
being done at the behest of some influential property owner in one  of  the
nearby mcmansions. The fact is that in winter there are few more  deserted
places on the Ct shore than that boat launch, other than the occasional  birder,
and it seems odd that an EnConn officer would even bother going there,  let
alone take it upon himself to clear the area. Which leads to the further
suspicion that it comes from higher up.
Once again I agree with Keith that the road is plenty wide  enough for
parking on one side, other than the lower end which is often  overtopped by high
tide and therefore dangerous for both people and  property.
As to the two uninformed and seemingly unintelligent whiners  who obviously
dislike and are disgusted by the excellent Ct birding community, I  cannot
imagine why they are on this list, other than possibly to look for
opportunities to stir up trouble.

Don Morgan, Coventry,  Ct.
mntncougar at aol.com