[CT Birds] Siskin plus others

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 30 19:12:09 EST 2016

Today, my friend Jim and i did the Canaan Mt trip looking for birds. At the top of the Mt, mostly snow covered, at a horse yard we saw. 12 Pine Siskin, 20 plus Cowbird, Starlings, and pos Red w Blackbirds plus other common feeder birds. Also seen up here were,  5 Black Vulture, 5 Bluebird, 20 Crow, 2 Raven, 2 Red t Hawk, 15 Robin, 2 Cardinal, and only 1 Junco - note: They nest here, and I'm sure most all migrate south from here, like to my feeders in the lowlands of Harwinton. Also seen at Twin Lakes, where it was 10% open, we added, 2 Black Duck, 12 Mallard, 5 Ring b Gull. Plus 2 ice fishermen who saw, caught 20 Perch, 5 Trout and 2 Lg mouth Bass.
 we saw no winter Finches up here @ 1,400' cept the Siskin, and if any were in CT, here is the place they would be. Paul Carrier - Harwinton CT