[CT Birds] Coppers hawk

Craig Minor minor.craig77 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 15:38:26 EST 2016

Looks like I have a cooper's hawk stalking the feeders now , it was less
than 20 feet from my door so I got a pretty good look at it. Blue gray
feathers on back of wings and body , washed out orange to rusty color on
front of face below lower beak and chest area , it was a,solid orange rusty
color not mottled and a veey small bird maybe 15 to 18 inches in hight.
>From what I read in bird book it says they migrate south so maybe it's been
hanging around becsuse of the warm weather we had prior to the cold spell ?
Craig vernon