[CT Birds] Coppers hawk

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Mon Jan 25 15:55:51 EST 2016

Hi, Craig!
According to Cornell's All About Birds site, Cooper's can hang out here
Looks like CT is at the northern edge of that range. I know that we have
a Cooper's at our feeders every winter. In fact, he was perched back in
the woods at sunrise this morning, watching carefully as I filled the
feeders. (But the birds were already on to him - they were making their
high-pitched "seet seet seet" calls, which is their "hawk in the
vicinity" alarm. It was about 10 minutes before anyone came in to eat.)
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester