[CT Birds] DEEP Deputy Commissioner's Response to West River Boat Launch Incident

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Thu Jan 28 14:15:11 EST 2016

I request that all the signs along the road be removed and not replaced.
Signage at the ramp could say "Yield apron space for boat loading and
unloading."  Some spaces, but not all should say "reserved for boat trailer
vehicle parking when needed"  I think that none of this space should be
exclusively for boat users or local residents.  It is open state land and
should be available for all state residents and their intended activities (
nature study, photography, fishing, etc).

Any parking limitation should only be for unattended vehicles.  Attended
vehicles should have no parking prohibition at all.

Mark Szantyr