[CT Birds] Response from Deputy Commissioner Whalen on Boat Launch Issue

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Thu Jan 28 19:35:26 EST 2016

You know, I swore to myself I was going to stay out of these pointless
conversations.  There is no advocacy for the birding / bird-photography
community, no willingness to challenge a miss-informed and uncaring state
agency beyond what they believe they already know, no willingness to listen
to experienced voices that have been using this land and these cites for
well over 40 years, and no willingness to stand up to public pressure that
would homogenize unique and important wildlife habitats for the
entertainment of the landed gentry.  It is too late.  No one is going to do
anything that might cause a ruckus with their cash-paying customers.
Hammonasset is lost as a unique habitat.  This great little wet-land in
Guilford no longer is usable in the way it has been for years. Silver Sands
is headed out.  Stratford beaches will be cleaned up, covered and thereby
ruined.  Sure it looks good in the tourism brochures.....too bad for the
birds and birders.

Please remove me from this list of communications.  I no longer give a crap.

--
Mark S. Szantyr
56 Maple Road

860-429-2641