[CT Birds] AOC

Kevin Doyle kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Thu Jan 28 20:48:56 EST 2016

Today while photographing the Court St. Eagles I stopped at Stratford Point nothing of importance. Off to Long Beach not much for either. Back to Stratford Point from the car on the north side I could many ducks in many rafts. Black Ducks, Greater Scaups, Common Goldeneys, Red Breasted Merganzers, American Weigon and Ring Necks all just a shade out reach with my 600mm. Then I heard this God awful squeal finding it ... it was an AOC either chasing a gull or the other way around. Next thing I observe is the second AOC flying in unsion with its mate eventually  going back to Short Beach. Super photo ops when the two flew towards me before heading back.

Are AOC and Great White Egrets being reported odd for the time of year?

Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from TypeApp