[CT Birds] Boat Launch

John Pfitzner jkat61 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 29 01:44:29 EST 2016

The simple fact is that is a specifically designated BOAT LAUNCH !  Why is it so difficult to understand and accept !
The “ Birding” community seems to think it is exempt from all regulations and boundaries when it comes to pursuing
Their hobby. How arrogant and snooty and elitist. The state and Encon see you as this as well as a bunch of whining ninnies.

Perhaps it is a Connecticut thing, Like at Hammonasset when people park where it states parking for vehicles with boats and trailers
And people park there anyway and get pissed off and complain to Encon and park management when they get ticketed. The same
For the designated car top boat launching area at meigs point. People park there all the time and complain when asked to leave or
When they get a ticket. I have seen people with kayaks and small boats have to walk from the other lot because the car top boat
Launching area was full of non boaters. It is SELFISH, RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE to disregard the rights of other peoples hobbies
And interests. Especially if the state deems an area proprietary for a certain function.

The world and state does not revolve around birders and photographers. If the state designated an area for birding and nature viewing
 But it was being used by model airplane people and off road vehicles the birding community would not like it and would complain.
So GET OVER IT AND ACCEPT THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN PLACES YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS, No matter how rare the bird.
Your desire to check another bird off your life list does not supersede state regulations and the rights of others.

How ironic and appropriate that as I am composing this, I am watching Alfred Hitchcock’s  “The Birds “ on BBC America !

Single “ Overwintering “  Ruby Crowned Kinglet continues to frequent backyard suet feeders since late October…..
Pair of Grey Fox also continue to visit backyard…As well as the resident Flying Squirrels.

John Pfitzner

Sent from Mail for Windows 10