[CT Birds] River Road lotta gulls

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sat Jan 30 15:45:31 EST 2016

Passing this along for Greg.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: greg hanisek <ctgregh at yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 2:53 PM
Subject: River Road lotta gulls

Late this morning at River Road, Southbury (site of Mew Gull in recent years) there were about 1500 gulls present -  couple hundred on the river bathing and the bulk in the farm fields at the corner of Purchase Brook Road gorging on the fodder spread by farmers. The only rarer gull I had was one 1st-winter Lesser Black-backed on the water, but the make up of these flocks is never static, and over the years a nice variety has shown up.

Also, since I don't think anyone posted, there were 5 E Meadowlarks at Sikorsky Airport, Stratford. Mid-morning. In the big field and hard to find in the brown grasses.

Greg Hanisek