[CT Birds] 1/30 Snowy Owl, Boat-tails, etc

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 31 08:01:48 EST 2016

1/30. Stratford, Lordship Seawall - 1 immature male BLACK SCOTER among 9 Surf Scoters.

Sikorsky Airport - while parked at entrance in late afternoon, we saw 6 EASTERN MEADOWLARKS (flew from large grassy field west into salt marsh), the previously-reported 28 BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES, (which eventually at 5:15pm went to roost in the tall Phagmites near the Access Rd pool), then at 5:28 we saw a SNOWY OWL fly out over the salt marsh and land in a small tree on one of the hummocks, against the sunset's glow.

Frank & Linda Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone