[CT Birds] Hermit warbler

judy moore judymoore at optonline.net
Tue Feb 2 20:17:15 EST 2016

The Hermit Warbler to which you refer was found on May 1, 1977.  Arne
Rosengren actually saw it that morning, too, but thought it was a BT
Green.  The next day a bunch of us went looking for it, scrambling up
the slope above Trowbridge Drive and finally locating it in a hemlock
tree.  Carol Bedworth and I are the only two  who are still members of
the NHBC.  The others were the Rissers (now in Texas), the Coreys, Jim
Reilley, Charles Hills and John Southern.  I don't know how long it
stayed or who else might have seen it.  What a great bird!!

Judy Moore
Woodbridge