[CT Birds] Stratford Point Buntings, Larks and Peregrines

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Thu Feb 4 14:48:06 EST 2016

About 15-20 Snow Buntings and perhaps a few more than that of Horned Larks are occasionally frequenting the plowed field at Stratford Point today and were joined by a small flock of American Tree Sparrows near the brush pile.    A pair of Peregrine Falcons made an unsuccessful pass at the dove flock and the Black-bellied Plovers and American Oystercatchers continue.   Scott has a couple of Black Scoters way out in the Sound yesterday among the more numerous Surf Scoters.

The Point may only be open for a reduced time tomorrow because of the snow and that I have an offsite meeting.  It will be open on Saturday (morning at least) for the McKinney volunteer training session.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115
Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!