[CT Birds] Barkhamsted - Hermit Warbler

John Marshall johnmarshall47 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:42:03 EST 2016

I got a call from Dave Rosgen late yesterday. On the lower part of the peninsula at Upper Greenwoods, toward the end of the day, he found what was almost certainly a male Hermit Warbler.
He was able to watch it long enough to get a very detailed description. It unfortunately then flew across the Farmington River to the pines between Route 181 and the river. I thought Dave was going to post it last night so I did not.  He spent three unsuccessful hours today trying to relocate the bird. He plans to search again tomorrow.  If there is any further news I will post it.

John Marshall

Sent from my iPhone