[CT Birds] Stratford Point Snow Buntings

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Feb 2 10:18:20 EST 2016

The flock of Snow Buntings has grown to 30 birds this morning.  We are scattering seed throughout the open areas to encourage them to stay.   They have even been hanging out in the trees between the property and the lighthouse.  Interesting to see them in trees.
https://www.facebook.com/StratfordPoint/photos/ms.c.eJw9y7kNADAIBMGOLDje678xBxiHo9VGOYVayDJlnhgzRTJQ39P9GUozdvTapsva58cFqawTdw~-~-.bps.a.545902298907217.1073741828.545050358992411/574909172673196/?type=3&theater (A few photos of them in the trees, where they were twittering a lot and even singing partial songs).

The "gray ghost" male Northern Harrier was hunting over the fields this morning as well.

Phone: (203)405-9115
Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!