[CT Birds] Great Backyard Bird Count coming up

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Tue Feb 9 15:49:40 EST 2016

Borrowed from the alert from the good folks at Menunkatuck Audubon Society, http://menunkatuck.org/ here is a reminder that the Great Backyard Bird Count is this coming weekend.  Hopefully someone will get some of the fancy birds that are hanging around like the Painted and Indigo Buntings (at least I think the Indigo is still around) and the Hermit Warbler!

Friday, February 12 - Monday, February 15, 2016

The Great Backyard Bird Count is a world-wide citizen science project that helps scientists track changes in bird distribution, some of which may be traced to El Niño storms and unusual weather patterns.
More and more, scientists are relying on observations from the public to help them gather data at a scale they could never achieve before. The GBBC is a great way to get your feet wet: you can count birds for as little as 15 minutes on one day or watch for many hours each day at multiple locations-you choose your level of involvement."
Learn more about how to take part in the Great Backyard Bird Count at birdcount.org<http://menunkatuck.us6.list-manage.com/track/click?u=17f9b82ba41d340503fdd4238&id=23cd83b3a6&e=73dbf2de30>.

Patrick

Phone: (203)405-9115
Your Legacy is Audubon's Future!