[CT Birds] Stamford Painted Bunting Continues:

careydavid at sbcglobal.net careydavid at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 8 10:59:51 EST 2016

My brother-in-law (works for WCS [Wildlife Conservation Society]) and I were sharing recent "first" sightings; mine being the snowy owl in Hammonasett and his being a painted bunting in Florida. When I mentioned one being seen in Stamford, he was highly skeptical. Has that sighting been confirmed/authenticated? Are there pics? He was very doubtful that a painted bunting would/could ever be this far north.

Captain Dave